Okay! The title does sound ânegativeâ but Iâm the dude that wrote âGood Stuff about Brian Jonesâ in 2007. The issue here is that Eric White kicks the asses Iâm thinking should be kickedâand Iâm willing to childishly sing his praises at the expense of getting petty with Brian Jones.
Without Eric White, I would have no âsaneâ way of dealing with this Microsoft litigation issue mentioned earlier. Hereâs the plan:
- Build a tiny, thin VSTO project that is a faĂ§ade/gateway into the Open XML SDK. This stub would replace CleanXHTML.
- Use the Open XML SDK to process Flat OPC strings obtained directly from any given Word
- The âprocessâ is based entirely on Eric Whiteâs code, the static method
FlatToOpc, in âTransforming Flat OPC Format to Open XML Documents.â
My little OPC documents will litter the writeable temp folders as the Open XML SDK does its magic. One little reward for this revitalized interest in Open XML in general and the .DOCX file format in particular, is stumbling upon the way to get WPF to work in Office Solutions (VSTO):
- âHost WPF Controls in Windows Formsâ by Keyvan Nayyeri
- âWalkthrough: Hosting a WPF Control in Windows Formsâ
Update: actually the two WPF articles mentioned above are not necessary to get WPF working with VSTO. All that is needed is a reference to a WPF Window object inside the VSTO project or as an external reference (my preference). More on this laterâŠ